Accounts Payable and Payroll Adviser
Reporting to: Financial Analysis and Support Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £28,200 per annum
Closing date: 22 June 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable and Payroll Adviser to manage the purchase ledger function and support the payroll specialist.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end processing of purchase invoices and supplier payments.
- Be responsible for reconciling supplier statements and dealing with supplier queries.
- Manage the legal invoice process in close liaison with the case team and lawyers.
- Assist with the development of any purchase / payroll related policies.
- Be the liaison point for purchase ledger queries.
- Continuously improve initiatives on purchase processes including the implementation of new processes.
- Provide support for the payroll function.
- Process staff expenses, ensuring compliance with policy.
- Provide accurate management information (MI) and reports as required.
- Provide wider support to the finance team as required.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience in purchase management.
- Understanding of purchase to pay and financial systems.
- Experience of payroll and expenses administration.
- Knowledge and understanding HM Revenue and Customs rules and regulations.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £28,200, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.