Assistant Business Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Business Analysis
Team: Business Analysis
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £41,335 per annum
Closing date: 27 August 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Assistant Business Analyst to provide specialist financial analytical support to business analysts. With training and support, you will learn how to independently deliver effective Business Analysis advice and support to case teams with the aim of bringing about the most appropriate outcomes.
- Providing financial analysis to feed into the selection of reactive scheme funding cases (calibrations).
- Providing financial analysis to support the successful outcome of cases.
- Assisting with reviewing recovery plans with emphasis on affordability, sustainability and cash management.
- Assisting with advising case managers and team members on company analysis and normal business practices.
- Supporting risk-based decisions by provision of analysis on corporate transactions including where clearance applications are made.
- Supporting the analysis of corporate activity, emerging risks and contributing to development of new strategies.
- Contributing to project and case teams with specific, technical analysis and recommendations to assist clearance decisions / negotiations / arbitrations.
- Supporting business analysts (BA) to deliver the initial master trust authorisation process and subsequent ongoing monitoring programme.
- Successfully working through and completing the assistant BA framework.
- If relevant, successfully completing all requirements of professional qualifications undertaken as part of the BA training plan.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Financial analysis experience.
- Awareness of:
- corporate financial structures including typical debt and equity terms
- general issues affecting master trusts and the UK defined benefit pension environment
- industry sectors knowledge and experience / commercial awareness
- Ideally an accountancy, banking or corporate finance qualification but candidates with relevant professional experience will also be considered.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £41,335, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.