Reporting to: Head of Business Analysis
Team: Business Analysis
Contract type: 1x fixed-term for 18 months, 2x permanent
Salary: £91,879 per annum
Closing date: 16 July 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to provide specialist financial analysis and strategic advice to case teams regulating defined benefit (DB) pension schemes.
Through interaction with trustees and employers, you will also be responsible for ensuring the agreement of appropriate funding plans and protecting members’ benefits and the Pension Protection Fund through use of TPR’s funding, clearance and moral hazard powers.
- Provide business / financial expertise to ensure an appropriate outcome of cases, providing advice to support effective negotiation in disputes concerning pensions liabilities in funding cases and corporate transactions in order to protect members’ benefits.
- Review agreed and proposed recovery plans with emphasis on affordability, viability, sustainable growth and cash management and take a leadership role in business negotiations to ensure agreed recovery plans are appropriate.
- Contribute to case teams with specific, technical analysis of corporate activity and provide recommendations to assist trustees’ negotiations and TPR’s clearance decisions, and use of moral hazard powers.
- Educate and mentor case managers and other professional disciplines within TPR on business assessment and practices including successful and useful interventions and approaches.
- Contribute to the development of TPR policies and guidance to the industry.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experienced corporate banking or accounting advisory professional.
- ACIB, CFA or ACA qualification.
- Track record of engagement with corporate entities and other professional advisors.
- Ability to analyse financial statements in detail.
- Understanding of business valuation techniques and typical corporate capital structures.
- Knowledge of UK DB pensions environment, strategic trends and issues.
- Understanding of insolvency and business recovery.
- Corporate structuring / re-structuring, mergers and acquisitions.
- Forensic accounting and investigative techniques.
- Broad commercial awareness of general economic and sector-specific trends.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Negotiating skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £91,879, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.