Reporting to: Business Design Manager
Team: Design and Change Implementation
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months
Salary: £ 44,142 per annum
Closing date: 21 May 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
As Business Analyst you will support the delivery of Target Operating Model (TOM) 21 data products which must be delivered in this calendar year in order to:
- support delivery of detailed design products crucial to the TOM21 business case
- carry out any necessary preparation of data products to inform delivery following the detailed design phase
- Support the Business Design Manager with production of the data workstream of the TOM21 operating model through creation of process maps (down to level 3 or 4 as necessary), detailed business and system requirements, use cases, business rules, and data processing rules to ensure that the business’s data needs for automatic enrolment (AE) are fully understood and documented at the appropriate level.
- Lead on stakeholder engagement and production of documentation.
- Capture requirements for a risk engine and reporting tool to assess compliance behaviour and determine intervention approach and capture any associated business rules for data processing to inform compliance monitoring.
- Support delivery of, and review, products produced through the various data work packages including system requirements, logical data model, data dictionary, business data processing rules, and requirements for management information MI, data enhancements or data management tools.
- Support delivery of small changes through relevant governance processes (AE Business Design Authority and CPG).
- Document business data processing rules and business processes carried out by our suppliers to inform future data migration from external systems.
- Act as a liaison between the more technical teams delivering the technical products and operational users with no data background to ensure that the business data needs are understood and properly reflected in the delivery of the technical documents and the business understand what they are agreeing.
- Deliver in line with the project plan timelines and update the relevant project managers with any risks, or updates, to delivery that emerge.
- Manage senior stakeholders up to AE Management Committee level to ensure that decisions and sign offs around data products are well informed.
This role will likely need to work with other project and operational delivery teams outside of AE – such as Technology and Change Services (TaCS), Data team and TPR Future and potentially our prime suppliers Capita to ensure alignment of enterprise wide data needs and understanding of the current data architecture and processing.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Requirements, process and data modelling methodologies and techniques, eg physical information and data flows.
- First class business process mapping and modelling techniques.
- Techniques and experience for managing risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions to ensure effective management of delivery.
- Background in the analysis of business systems and the definition of systems.
- Experienced user of BA tools, eg Visio.
- Pensions experience.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £ 44,142, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.