Business and Technical Analyst
Reporting to: Business and Technical Analysis Manager
Team: Technology and Change Services
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £49,995 per annum
Closing date: 29 May 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Business and Technical Analyst to capture and model business and data requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring that the requirements and models are effectively applied in development projects and business processes so that innovative technology solutions can be designed and developed to underpin TPR's business processes in the pensions regulatory arena.
You will also be required to guide users in accepting change brought about through business change initiatives and projects, ensuring high levels of business engagement.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and compile high level and detailed actionable, prioritised requirements that are solution agnostic.
- Capture and model business and data requirements, definitions, business rules, and logical and physical data models.
- Mapping between logical and physical views of data; and between physical data model.
- Produce functional specification and solution design documentation.
- Ensure key requirements are met by the solution through quality assurance during test phase.
- Manage ongoing change requests to business scope / requirements.
- Co-ordinate enhancements / changes to existing systems / processes, including analysis, design, documentation, testing, end user training and implementation.
- Carryout root cause and gap analysis where required.
- Continually assess impact of other transformation and change projects within the enterprise.
- On an ongoing basis maintain alignment of requirements to vision, strategic goals, project initiation document (PID) and the impact of any business change on the project.
- Design lean 'value driven' business processes, eg understanding value and waste concepts.
- Apply costing techniques to proposed solution options and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Ensure business analysis (BA) methodology, project governance, controls and solution development lifecycle controls are adhered to.
- Strong background in the analysis of business systems and the definition of systems (computerised or otherwise), especially data repositories / data solutions.
- Experience of working in waterfall and agile project delivery frameworks.
- Data modelling methodologies and techniques, eg physical information and data flows.
- Business process mapping and modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of management concepts and how enterprise package solutions are positioned and developed.
- Experience across a range of business change and IT projects including data related projects.
Knowledge of technology / qualifications
- Experienced user of BA and business data analysis tools, especially data modelling and transformation tools and techniques - eg wire frame, use cases, user stories, data models, data mappings, BPMN, user journeys.
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (or equivalent).
- Market awareness of technology sectors such as CRM, Portals, Data Platforms.
- Working awareness of standards such ITIL and Data Security.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £49,995, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.