Case Management Team Leader
Reporting to: Head of Case Management
Team: Case Management
Contract type: 12 months fixed-term
Salary: £63,061 per annum
Closing date: 21 September 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Case Management Team Leader to lead one of our case management teams and to take responsibility for the delivery of effective case outcomes and to ensure collaboration with all stakeholders across TPR and externally. You will offer technical advice and guidance, as well as leading by example through demonstrating TPR competencies and TPR values.
- Strategically manage, lead, coach and mentor senior case managers (SCM) and case managers (CM) for casework, enquiries, technical issues and effective working relationships.
- Provide technical input and advice to case teams in particular influencing the development of case strategies.
- Manage and contribute to budget, corporate and operational plan ensuring the translation of team and individual objectives.
- Oversee and help continuously evolve, an effective framework for operational risk, reflecting business-wide strategic objectives and risks including technical input into setting risk appetite.
- Effective prioritisation and team working including the prompt and appropriate allocation of all casework through identification and escalation of risk within our risk management framework.
- Ensure areas of case risk are appropriately escalated, and where appropriate provide escalation response, challenge and guidance to SCMs and CMs.
- To authorise the exercise of specific TPR statutory powers as delegated to case management team leaders under the schedule of delegations.
- Work closely with adviser team leaders to provide the appropriate advice to case teams to sufficiently conclude enquiries and cases.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of strategic team leadership and motivation.
- Technical knowledge and experience of the range of casework carried out in the case management team.
- Analytical / problem solving particularly for casework.
- Ability to analyse and resolve escalated issues, liaising with team leads and senior managers as appropriate.
- Ability to handle and advise on complex issues with external stakeholders.
- Dynamic, outcome focussed approach being able to effectively deliver to deadlines.
- Using management information (MI) to support operational / resource planning and fast assimilation of information.
- People and team management and ability to recognise talent.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £63,061 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 500 words, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.