Case Manager x2
Reporting to: Case Team Leader
Team: Compliance and Enforcement
Contract type: Permanent x1 / 9 month fixed-term x1
Salary: £41,229 per annum
Closing date: 12 January 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
To deliver effective case management in line with TPR objectives and values and to ensure collaboration with all stakeholders across TPR and externally. As part of the role you will be expected to visit employers across the country which could include overnight stays.
- Provide professional, effective end-to-end case management on complex cases, ensuring a high level of stakeholder engagement, and ensuring prevent controls are implemented to stop future breaches / high compliance risks occurring.
- Ensure areas of risk are escalated.
- Authorise the exercise of specific TPR statutory powers as delegated to Case Managers within the schedule of delegations.
- Responsible for effective prioritisation and collaborative team working.
- Provide effective knowledge management and sharing across team and with other areas of TPR.
- Ensuring effective communication at all levels.
- Responsible for ad hoc project work, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring own e-PDP completed.
Essential and desirable criteria
- An accredited investigator or equivalent qualification.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
- Good operational knowledge and solid proven experience of conducting and managing criminal or regulatory investigations, and undertaking deterrence, detection and preventive work gained from working with another civil regulator or investigatory body (over five years' experience).
- Proven investigation skills including investigative interviewing, evidence gathering, case management and giving evidence in court / formal proceedings, as well as a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of PACE, CPIA, RIPA, POCA, DPA and HRA.
- Understanding of the Pensions Act 2008 and corresponding regulations, as well as the powers and legal requirements that are relevant from the pensions legislation.
- Excellent technical knowledge of pensions issues.
- Full driving licence and willingness to drive to conduct employer visits when required.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £41,229, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
- discretionary bonus arrangements
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.