Reporting to: Regulatory Transactions Team Leader
Team: Regulatory Transactions
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months
Salary: £29,879 per annum
Closing date: 26 July 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Case Officer to deliver effective enquiry management in line with TPR's objectives and values.
- Provide effective end-to-end management of a portfolio of 'fast flow' regulatory enquiries.
- Carry out processes in line with documented procedures.
- Work effectively with a number stakeholders, including the Determinations Panel, Case Management and pension scheme trustees and providers.
- Identify risk in line with current policies, procedures and statutory guidelines, with prompt escalation of risks.
- Facilitate meetings ensuring accurate minute taking.
- Ensure processes remain fit for purpose and suggest process improvements.
- Support the implementation of process improvements, systems changes and new regulatory transactions processes.
- Undertake an administration / Super User role in working applications (NOVA, MSCRM, DM, TRISH).
Essential and desirable criteria
- Knowledge of operating model, value chain and business rules.
- Basic level of general pensions knowledge and technical pension knowledge (desirable).
- End to end case management experience.
- Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles.
- Degree (or equivalent) or previous pensions background.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £ 29,879 per annum, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.