Communications Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Campaigns
Contract type: Fixed-term for 18 months
Salary: £56,667 per annum
Closing date: 20 July 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Communications Service Delivery Manager to manage all aspects of the delivery of automatic enrolment (AE) communications services provided by our partner Capita and other key services provided via our Technology and Change Services department (TACS).
- Manage delivery of AE communications delivered by Capita according to the campaign lifecycle; ensure delivery against strategy, contract and according to budget.
- Manage the end-to-end planning process for Capita communications and ensure campaign execution meets deadlines and milestones.
- Manage all aspects of Communications Service change and delivery; review supplier proposals, and ensure appropriate governance, value for money, quality and timeliness of implementation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify efficiencies and ensure effective ways of working between the AE Programme Team and Capita.
- Manage Capita performance as per contract: monitor and control the communications services delivered, assure monthly management information and own and resolve incidents, escalations and conflict.
- Ensure achievement of service benefits; conduct evaluation and lessons learnt.
- Manage test and acceptance process for work packages and service releases.
- Establish and maintain appropriate procedures for the monitoring and continuous improvement of communications service management and delivery.
- Plan and perform regular service reviews and audits.
- Contribute to the future strategic direction of communications change; ensure the service meets the evolving needs of employers (and other audiences) and understand the wider impact of communications change.
- Deputise for the Head of Campaigns and represent TPR Communications at AE Boards as required.
- Manage risk including appropriate governance, mitigation and escalation.
- Responsible for the CRM infrastructure used within communications (tactical and strategic).
- Responsible for working with TACS colleagues to manage tactical changes to our current CRM and representing the communications directorate on any strategic CRM initiatives.
- Responsible for interfacing with the Data team to enable a data centric approach to communications campaign activity.
- Represent communications directorate as required on corporate governance panels (Information Management Forum and Data Panel).
- Line manage the Communications Service Delivery Adviser.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Management of complex projects with multiple elements and relevant dependencies.
- Expertise in working with communications agencies and delivery of outsourced communications services.
- Supplier contract / service management including performance management.
- Business / customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of the print and publication process.
- Campaign lifecycle management; campaign design and management methods (online and offline); particular focus on CRM and data driven direct marketing.
- Experience of working with multi-channel customer contact centres.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £56,667, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.