Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner
Reporting to: Corporate Governance and Compliance Team Manager
Team: Corporate Governance and Compliance Team
Contract type: Fixed-term for 18 months
Salary: £38,000 per annum
Closing date: 22 April 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner to:
- set the standards for TPR in line with the UK Corporate Governance Code and Government best practice and provide expert advice
- identify the compliance risks that TPR faces, design and implement controls to resolve compliance difficulties as they occur
- provide accurate and current information about the efficiency and effectiveness of TPR policies and the status of its compliance within the statutory obligations that it operates
- Provide strategic corporate governance expertise and compliance advice to all levels of the organisation in allocated business units.
- Engage in proactive consultation with the business.
- Identify and advise on the risks that TPR faces in maintaining corporate governance standards and statutory obligations.
- Design and implement corporate governance controls to protect TPR from compliance risks.
- Provide assurance by monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of TPR’s corporate governance controls and the management of TPR’s exposure to compliance risks.
- Resolve corporate governance and compliance difficulties as they occur.
- Provide advice on corporate governance policy, procedures, process and controls.
- Take an active role in developing and co-ordinating training and awareness on compliance issues across TPR.
- Simultaneously work with and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Prioritise work to ensure effective delivery of corporate governance and compliance solutions.
- Advise stakeholders at all levels on implications and management of change, identifying and delivering those changes necessary to deliver our corporate governance standards and controls.
- Maintain a positive reporting culture; drive staff engagement through ensuring awareness campaigns, training and providing assistance, support and advice.
- Champion the organisation’s corporate governance, security approach and practices.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of working within a corporate governance framework.
- Strong understanding of and ability to articulate risk.
- Background in governance and compliance approaches and processes.
- Experience of complaints management, issue resolution approaches and techniques.
- Experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques.
- Solid understanding of Freedom of Information Act / Data Protection Act.
- Ability to understand the legal obligations from statute (including Pensions Acts, code of practice).
- Experience of working with BSI ISO standards.
- Information/data management / flow systems.
- Understanding of the uses of information within TPR / regulatory bodies.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £38,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.