Reporting to: Head of Data
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 per annum
Closing date: 20 June 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The role of the Data Architect is to design, deploy and manage TPR’s data architecture. You will need to be able to define how to integrate and manage different data entities in the data platform and other IT systems which use or process data in some way.
- Implement the data model into the TPR data platform.
- Develop data standards, acting as the first escalation point for breaches of data standards.
- Design and implementation of metadata repositories, understanding the range of tools for storing and working with metadata. Providing oversight and advice in this area.
- Responsibility for data modelling in the data platform.
- Undertaking data profiling and source system analysis.
- Assurance and integration of data services to meet the needs of multiple business services.
- Experience of working strategically, translating strategic goals into activities.
- Ability to resolve problems as they occur and implement solutions and preventative measures as well as turn business problems into data design.
- Champion data architecture across TPR, set the standards and ways of working across the data / IT / analytic community.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Ability to interpret strategic plans to support business as usual (BAU).
- Appropriate IT awareness and knowledge of toolsets.
- Data strategy principles.
- Business processes and analysis.
- Understanding of master data management.
- Understanding of enterprise customer relationship management (CRM).
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £60,00 per annum, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.