Director of IT
Reporting to: Executive Director of Finance and Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £98,500 per annum
Closing date: 25 July 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone to lead on and deliver TPR’s technology vision and strategy, aligning it and the organisation’s statutory objectives and future plans. The successful applicant will bring a collaborative, aligned and adaptive approach to the delivery of support to all teams across TPR. You will lead staff in your teams and demonstrate TPR values and culture.
- Develop and maintain an IT strategy that is aligned with TPR corporate strategy and government IT strategy.
- Lead the identification and delivery of IT solutions and IT ongoing services that are aligned to business requirements including change, digital and data areas.
- Lead, negotiate and maintain strategic partnerships and contracts from an IT perspective.
- Support Executive, bringing impartial advice on technology impact of business changes.
- Communicate clearly and simply, with internal and external stakeholders, the potential impact of emerging technologies and assesses the risks of implementing or not using such technologies.
- Participate in developing the broader TPR operational design and planning, specifically through relationships across the senior leadership team, Directors, Executive Committee and the Board.
- Be responsible for effective business continuity and disaster recovery mechanisms including strategic partners from an IT perspective.
- A deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment.
- Experience of aligning IT strategy and delivery models with business strategy.
- A full understanding of IT architecture, strategy and transformation including the full range of sourcing options.
- Full understanding of the IT life cycle and how to run or outsource stable and high performance solutions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of IT and business solutions and the issues associated with architecture, deployment and support of infrastructure.
- Experience of implementing sound IT governance and working within COBIT, ITIL, ISO, TOGAF frameworks.
- Experience of business continuity management and disaster recovery scenarios with IT.
- Experience of managing a significant budget and effective financial controls.
- Leadership skills.
- Clear articulation of complex areas to non-technical audiences.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Collegiate, engaging and strong interpersonal skills.
- Forward thinking, takes the initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £98,500, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.