Executive Personal Assistant to the CEO and Chair
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Team: CEO team
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £33,874 per annum
Closing date: 20 September 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Executive Personal Assistant to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chair. The successful applicant will be responsible for communicating with and managing a range of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a high quality service is provided, while enabling the CEO and Chair to be fully prepared for all activities, managing their time as effectively as possible.
- Act as the first point of contact for all those seeking to approach the CEO or the Chair; representing the organisation with courtesy and efficiency and ensuring that queries and issues are addressed promptly.
- Anticipate requirements and proactively gathering information to support the CEO and Chair in executing their responsibilities.
- Handle queries, together with managing correspondence to ensure that priorities are met in a timely and efficient manner, including identification of the relevant resource to undertake the task.
- Assist in the collation of materials for key meetings, identifying who to contact when information/materials are required and ensuring the CEO and Chair have the necessary information to make robust decisions.
- Organise international and national travel arrangements and manage the diary and inbox of the CEO and Chair so that the business of the organisation can be executed effectively, including in their absence.
- When required, provide cover for the Executive Personal Assistant Team.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook.
- A strong understanding of the roles of a CEO and a non-executive Chairman.
- An understanding of how organisations are governed and how senior teams can work effectively.
- An ability to identify a complaint and then to act on it in accordance with TPR’s process.
- Some understanding of the importance of pensions, and some of the language surrounding it.
- Some understanding of how business is co-ordinated in senior teams across an organisation.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Calm under pressure.
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Committed to providing an excellent service to all stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a small, close-knit team.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £33,874, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.