Finance Business Partner
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months
Salary: £44,889 per annum
Closing date: 28 September 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Finance Business Partner to support the Finance function including production of monthly management accounts and year-end financial accounts.
The Finance Business Partner will provide financial information and advice for improved decision making and business performance and offer proactive business partnering and stakeholder relationship management to the business.
- Design and production of accurate, timely and high quality monthly reports for exec, board, business units and external stakeholders.
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process advising on potential savings, identifying areas of risk.
- Business partner with customers to provide a wide range of services including accurate budgets / forecasts, advise on financial implications of potential business decision, calculating savings targets, challenging business to meet change / cost savings.
- Providing analysis and support for Capita financial decisions, approving funding, translating the contract to the business, interpreting technical changes and taking ownership and responsibility for TPR’s financial understanding of the contract.
- Develop and maintain medium and long term operational budgets including modelling complex information and impacts of change on operating models helping to drive long term organisation decision making.
- Provide analysis and support for business cases including advising on financial decisions on projects, attending project boards, challenging benefits, financial selection of suppliers.
- Monthly reporting routines including prepayments, accruals, journals, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow management, cash drawdown requests and ensuring all financial controls are adequate and adhered to.
- Production of the annual accounts in liaison with Finance Manager and external auditors.
- Providing short term cover for the other finance business partners, deputising for Finance Manager and mentoring the Assistant Management Accountant.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience of financial controls.
- High level of IT literacy especially Microsoft Excel.
- Sage 200 (or similar) (desirable).
- Understanding of relevant international accounting standards (Desirable).
- Understanding of government accounting practice (Desirable).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £44,889, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.