Finance Systems Adviser
Reporting to: Financial Analysis and Support Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £31,647 per annum
Closing date: 22 June 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for Finance Systems Adviser to provide systems and accounting support to the finance team and wider TPR.
- Support the day-to-day administration of finance systems including Sage and Purchase to Pay, liaising with IT and Procurement as required.
- Work with finance and other teams in co-ordinating system upgrades / improvements.
- Assist with the implementation and the ongoing management of VAT registration / running for TPR.
- Produce a regular suite of financial management information (MI) to various stakeholders on both a routine and ad hoc basis.
- Maintain up-to-date financial delegations for TPR, and ensuring alignment of those in the purchase to pay system.
- Support teams in identifying and implementing continuous process improvement.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Working towards a professional qualification (part qualified level), or newly qualified.
- Advanced Microsoft Office IT software applications.
- Advanced Sage 200 experience.
- Systems implementation and upgrade experience.
- Microsoft Query Experience.
- Crystal Reporting.
- P2P (Basware) experience.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £31,647, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.