Head of Online Services
Reporting to: Director of Communications
Contract type: Fixed-term for 13 months
Salary: £64,909 per annum
Closing date: 29 April 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Head of Online Services to have operational accountability and responsibility for leading the strategy and implementation of an exemplary online customer experience across TPR’s frontline online services. You will do this by understanding the needs and behaviours of our customers, optimising the design and delivery of supporting online products and services, and maximising TPR’s ability to engage with and influence key customer groups. You will also form part of the communications management team and the wider senior leadership team.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of an exemplary online customer experience across TPR’s online services including our corporate website, intranet and elearning portfolio (which includes the Trustee toolkit and staff learning portal).
- Define / deliver channel roadmaps, ensuring activities are aligned with business objectives. Includes outsourcing roadmap with Capita.
- Lead business transformation projects - we're currently re-platforming our website content management system (WCMS) - ensuring they fit into a strategic roadmap for self service and / or learning.
- Lead the design and delivery of exemplary online customer experience through digital design.
- Build, lead, inspire, manage and develop the Online Services team of six, to ensure optimal digital delivery and a focused unified viewpoint for digital.
- Ensure the website is up to date and meets government digital / web standards.
This post will specifically focus on:
- Leading the successful delivery of the external website project phases, taking over the role of Business Owner and internal project team lead. This involves leading the project and the Online Services team through the crucial build and release stages safely into live running and will include oversight / accountability for the new site’s performance both from a user and stakeholder perspective.
- Phase 2 of the website project (which will begin in the summer and run concurrently to phase 1) will focus on maximising the potential of the new technology, new content and customer journeys.
- Embedding the future roadmaps of all three channels into IT and the wider business.
- Extensive experience of web technologies, their application (including web content management systems and adoption trends). Experience of Sitecore and Umbraco would be helpful.
- Ability to lead and deliver optimised online customer journeys which blend design, content and functionality to deliver results.
- Leadership and management of substantive complex digital projects such as WCMS migration.
- Leadership and management of blended delivery via inhouse teams, multiple suppliers and partners to deliver high quality frontline online services.
- Experience of best practice for web design and development approaches covering content delivery, transactional services and elearning for government digital standards.
- Experience of Government Digital Service (GDS) service assessments.
- Experience of elearning technologies and their application.
- Supplier selection and via government frameworks.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £64,909 per annum we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.