Intelligence Technical Specialist
Reporting to: Intelligence Team Leader
Team: Intelligence Team, FLR
Contract type: 2x fixed-term for 12 months, 1x fixed-term for 10 months
Salary: £46,244 per annum
Closing date: 16 July 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for three Intelligence Technical Specialists to deliver high quality intelligence products and advice to internal and external stakeholders, enhancing the reputation of the Intelligence Team as the leading source of intelligence provision. This includes; leading high profile intelligence provision on cases, compliance validation, strategic intelligence and ensuring intelligence risks are escalated effectively to key audiences.
- Deliver high quality intelligence analysis to assist TPR cases, emerging risks and trends.
- Lead and direct complex intelligence provision to identify high risk cases.
- Mentor and train intelligence analysts.
- Provide high quality management information and reports to support decisions.
- Lead and deliver Threat and Strategic Assessments.
- Identify risks to pension schemes and employer compliance; company structures, market place risk and the impact of new business models.
- Delivery of analysis and proactive techniques to identify event driven risks to TPR’s statutory objectives.
- Identify and develop key strategic and operational working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and deliver intelligence sharing opportunities with external partners.
- Ensure that operational and systemic risks are identified and escalated in a timely manner.
- Deliver monthly and specialist reports, presentations and specialist training.
- Developing systems and processes in line best practice.
- Promoting and leading your specialist area.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least three years' experience in an operational / strategic environment within intelligence, law enforcement or regulatory environment.
- Experience of delivering to deadlines and prioritising under pressure in a high profile environment.
- Mentoring intelligence analysts and experience of quality assuring intelligence products.
- Strong operational knowledge and proven skills in utilising intelligence tools, analysis techniques and methodologies to gather, receive, analyse, evaluate and disseminate intelligence.
- Experience of leading strategic intelligence products to drive decision making.
- Experience of handling sensitive intelligence.
- A thorough and up to date knowledge of the National Intelligence Model, Human Rights Act (HRA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Strong knowledge of TPR’s statutory objectives, strategy, pensions legislation (Pensions Act 1993, 1995, 2004, 2008 and 2010, Pensions Schemes Act 2017) and corporate planning cycle.
- Knowledge of RIPA, PACE, PIDA.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of defined benefit, defined contribution, master trust and automatic enrolments risks, principles and operations.
- Excellent knowledge of legal gateways and restricted information handling.
- Good knowledge of corporate knowledge and business sectors.
- Proportionate, accountable, consistent, transparent and targeted (PACTT) principals.
- Ability to priorities and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £46,244 per annum, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.