Lead Business and Technical Analyst (Team Lead)
Reporting to: Business and Technical Analysis Manager
Team: Technology and Change Services
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £57,570 per annum
Closing date: 29 May 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
- Lead, develop and motivate a high performing team delivering high calibre business analysis services to TPR.
- To take full responsibility for the business and systems analysis within the team.
- Support the delivery of TPR and its Directorates’ annual operating plans.
- To guide users and management in accepting change brought about through business change initiatives and projects, ensuring high levels of business engagement.
- Line manage, mentor, coach and develop the Business and Technical Analysts.
- Assist the Business and Technical Analysis Manager in effective recruitment.
- Set clear, measureable performance objectives for the team members.
- Takes the lead in all matters with regard to the management.
- Assist the Business and Technical Analysis Manager in ensuring that the Business Analyst capacity is at the required levels needed to deliver the portfolio ensuring appropriate coverage across all projects.
- Support the delivery of change, role-modelling new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
Methodology and framework
- Help develop and then subsequently ensure business analysis (BA) methodology, project governance, controls and solution development lifecycle controls are adhered to.
- Monitor performance of projects in the portfolio.
- Ensure that key business analysis and business change management deliverables are produced to the required quality standards.
- Act as a cohesive bridge between the business and Technology and Change Services team.
- Identify, establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders
- Negotiate and prepare stakeholders on the analysis approach, proactively resolve issues and confirm expectations to ensure analysis progresses in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Lead on business engagement and change management activity on projects.
- Promote a customer centric culture through managing partners, processes and empowering team to do what is best for the internal and external customer.
- Provide Management Information to the Business and Technical Analysis Manager.
- Ensure all applicable legal and regulatory compliance.
- Take the lead business and technical analyst lead role on a highly complex Discovery Phase programme or project within portfolio.
- Ensure quality assurance and continuous improvement within the team.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Full software development life cycle experience and production of BA deliverables.
- Proven track record managing Business Analysts.
- Strong practical background in delivering change.
- Evidence of complex analysis and understanding of business requirements in order to establish suitable business technical solutions for business areas.
- A proven track record in a Business Analyst team leader role on complex projects to value of up to and in excess of £3 million.
- Knowledge of the pension environment strategic trends and issues and an understanding of and confidence in pensions and regulatory environment.
Technical knowledge / qualifications
- BCS Advanced Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of PRINCE2
- Working knowledge of Waterfall, Agile
- Working knowledge of tools and techniques such as: UML, BPMN, JIRA, TFS, Kanban, Microsoft Visio, Project, Data Modelling.
- ITIL and Data Security.
- Market awareness of technology sectors such as: enterprise CRM, Digital, Document Management
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £57,570, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.