Reporting to: Senior OD Adviser
Team: HR Team
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months
Salary: £28,482 per annum
Closing date: 17 October 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Learning and Development professional who, with the learning and development team, will design, deliver and evaluate learning solutions to achieve TPR's requirements.
- Work with business managers across TPR to evaluate the impact of training events and services which align with our corporate priorities.
- Work in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders to identify, design and manage positive, cost-effective solutions and delivery.
- Deliver learning solutions that improve skills, knowledge, behaviours and meet the project objectives the required needs of people development at TPR.
- Work with the Organisation Design (OD) team, managers and team leaders to identify training needs which provide value for money solutions in accordance with the people strategy.
- Create new materials and continuously improve existing materials to provide an outstanding learning experience.
- Effectively follow up on queries, evaluation and identified further opportunities.
- Working with the TPR Future Programme team to identify the internal and external learning solutions, new learning opportunities and best practice, integrating these into any deliverables.
- Coach and mentor colleagues inside and outside of OD on training topics, materials, tools and processes.
- Ensure all organisiation design documentation and records are consistently maintained to provide accurate, current MI.
- Work in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking, thoroughness and prioritisation is essential.
- Undertake work proportionate to the role as required.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Previous experience of working in learning and development environment including design, delivery and evaluation of varied learning activities.
- Experience of learning technologies and e-learning design and systems.
- Experience training colleagues at different levels recognising differing needs.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Basic knowledge of pensions or financial services to enable quick and credible engagement with stakeholders (desirable).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £28,482, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.