Reporting to: Finance Analysis and Support Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Closing date: 19 October 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist to manage the end to end processing of all aspects of payroll and pensions for TPR.
- Responsible for the end-to-end processing and management of payroll including manual calculations, year end and expenses for two companies.
- Management of all payroll-related expenditure (payroll, NI, PAYE, pensions etc) ensuring statutory deadlines are met and up-to-date legislation applied correctly.
- Provide expert up-to-date knowledge on payroll aspects, including the implementation and communication of any new legislation.
- Train and mentor colleagues to ensure the payroll function is fully covered from a business continuity point of view.
- Provide an efficient and approachable customer service to TPR staff and effectively handle sensitive issues.
- Produce information, calculations and payments for the annual pay remit.
- Ensure all payroll hard copy and electronic data is kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) rules; comply with internal and external audit requirements.
- Deliver and contribute to day-to-day aspects of the finance business unit including the policies and procedures on finance and payroll within compliance guidelines of fiscal governmental reporting requirements.
- Liaise with third party customers on a regular basis, establish and maintain relationships.
- Liaise with the business to review and renew policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate advice and correctly report all aspects of international tax for secondees.
- Provide HR Business Partners and managers with timely and accurate information with regards to payroll and pensions.
- Continuous improvement initiatives on all payroll processes including the implementation of new processes.
- Design and improve payroll reports to comply with audit requirements.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage PSA process; ensure accurate calculations and annual renewal with HMRC.
- Ensure accuracy of FTE data for upload into management accounting database and support for management accounting team during monthly reporting cycles.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of the end-to-end processing and management of payroll including manual calculations, year end and expenses.
- Bulk bank payment.
- Technical up-to-date knowledge on payroll and pensions legislation.
- HMRC rules and regulations.
- Hold a recognised Diploma in Payroll Management.
- Experienced user of Sage Payroll.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as an annual salary of £32,000 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.