Reporting to: Head of Policy
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £74,182 per annum
Closing date: 22 April 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Policy Manager to manage and develop policy team staff and to ensure strategic policy objectives are clear and our policy interventions help us to meet them.
- Lead a team, support and develop staff.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of output from direct reporting staff is at the right standard and volume.
- Allocate resources within the direct reporting team.
- Ensure development of clear strategic objectives for policy themes.
- Successfully deliver policy projects on work schedule.
- Integrate the implications of delivery mechanisms and evaluation of approaches.
- Contribute to the Policy Management team’s role of ensuring that regulatory policy across TPR is joined up / coherent and takes appropriate account of wider TPR policy / legal / compliance frameworks.
- Effective upward reporting to, and engagement with, Director of Policy and Executive team.
- Effective working with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep the organisation up to date with developments that affect industry and their effect on the sector, and anticipating future developments.
- Identify new policy work, if needed.
- Understand the wider strategic environment and make appropriate decisions on work prioritisation.
Essential and desirable criteria
- People and performance management experience.
- Good knowledge of a financial service such as private pensions, insurance and banking.
- Knowledge of UK policy and legislation development relevant to financial services, eg DWP and HMT policy.
- Knowledge of best practice in policy development and application including open policy making and better regulation.
- Experience of the pensions industry, especially occupational pensions.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £74,182, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.