Senior Debt Adviser
Reporting to: Debt Recovery Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £39,544 per annum
Closing date: 17 June 2018
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Senior Debt Adviser to run an effective debt recovery service; monitor the collection of penalties collected by outsourced provider, assist Manager with debt advisors day to day.
- Responsible for ensuring that outsourced provider is collecting and reconciling the payments received for penalty debt.
- Responsible for the checking of the daily, weekly, monthly checking of bank reconciliations.
- SLA management with outsourced supplier.
- Responsible for working with outsourced provider on any queries and the resolution of those queries.
- Responsible for the preparation of the transfer to Consolidated Fund file following agreement with outsourced provider on the cleared and transferrable funds.
- Management of the Automatic Enrolment Fine Account and Holding Account.
- Support an effective in-house debt recovery service with Debt Recovery Manager and debt advisors.
- Deal with legal defences and liaise with internal lawyers on defences received.
- To provide ad hoc cover and support to the Lead and Treasury Specialist role.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Data entry.
- Payment methods experience and understanding.
- Contract management knowledge.
- Debt recovery experience including court system and enforcement options.
- Debt management skills.
- Automated collection and process enhancement experience.
- Good operational management.
- Good awareness of finance and banking controls with sales ledger experience.
- Customer contact experience.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £39,544, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.