Make sure you're prepared for automatic enrolment.
- 1. Checking your client's staging date
- 2. Being a point of contact
- 3. Checking who to enrol
- 4. Working out your client's costs
- 5. Checking records and payroll processes
- 6. Choosing a pension scheme
- 7. Assessing and enrolling staff
- 8. Writing to your client's staff
- 9. Knowing your client's ongoing duties
- 10. Completing the declaration of compliance
- 11. Re-enrolment
If you help clients to run schemes that offer mixed benefits (sometimes known as 'hybrid schemes') you need to manage defined benefit (DB) elements as if they were a DB scheme and manage defined contribution (DC) elements as if they were a DC scheme.
If you set up new pension schemes for your clients, make sure that they meet certain criteria. You will probably need to register the scheme with us.
Understand what information you need to report to TPR and how to report it.
We provide good practice guidance to help trustees and others meet the two-year timeframe in relation to winding up occupational pension schemes.