Make sure you're prepared for automatic enrolment.
- 1. Checking your client's staging date
- 2. Being a point of contact
- 3. Checking who to enrol
- 4. Working out your client's costs
- 5. Checking records and payroll processes
- 6. Choosing a pension scheme
- 7. Assessing and enrolling staff
- 8. Writing to your client's staff
- 9. Knowing your client's ongoing duties
- 10. Completing the declaration of compliance
- 11. Re-enrolment
Areas of defined contribution (DC) scheme management that you may need to help your clients with.
If you help clients to run hybrid schemes you need to manage defined benefit (DB) elements as if they were a DB scheme and manage defined contribution (DC) elements as if they were a DC scheme.
Use our Exchange online service to register new schemes and submit information to us. Understand how to identify pension liberation fraud and what to do if you suspect it.
If you set up new pension schemes for your clients, make sure that they meet certain legal and quality criteria. You may need to register the scheme with us.
We provide good practice guidance to help trustees and others meet the two-year timeframe in relation to winding up occupational pension schemes.