FOI reference - FOI 2015-06-01
Date - 01/06/2015
For the four escalating penalty notices that were implemented in quarter one this year, are you able to confirm the employer size (and therefore the size of the daily fine)? I would assume that this is £2,500 per day given the dates.
Duty to confirm or deny whether TPR holds the information requested
I can confirm that The Pensions Regulator (TPR) holds the information you have requested.
Information we are able to supply
The fines relate to:
- one large employer (at £5,000 per day)
- two medium sized employers (at £2,500 per day)
- one small employer (at £500 per day)
Duty to provide advice and assistance
You may find the additional information provided below helpful.
Employer size is categorised as follows:
- large employers – 250 and more people
- medium employers – 50 to 249 people
- small and micro employers – fewer than 50 people
The daily penalty rates are set according to Table 1 in the Employers' Duties (Registration and Compliance) Regulations 2010 – SI 2010 number 5, reproduced for your convenience below:
|Number of persons||Prescribed daily rate (£)|
|500 or more||10,000|