FOI reference - FOI 2016-10-13
Date - 13/10/2016
I am seeking information on pension entitlements for staff employed by The Pensions Regulator (TPR). Please provide the following information:
- The pension scheme that staff employed by TPR will be defaulted in to (ie DB, DC, GPP, SIPP etc) and the provider of this scheme.
- A list of the default funds in this scheme and their performance and charges since 2005.
- Any annual contributions made by TPR.
- If there are any DB provisions, the surplus or deficit on these liabilities.
- Any proposed changes to TPR staff pension entitlements.
I can confirm that we hold information falling within scope of your request. However, we are unable to supply some of the information requested for the reason set out below.
Information we are able to supply
5. We are not aware of any proposed changes to TPR's staff pension entitlements.
Information we are not able to supply
Information which is already in the public domain is exempt from disclosure under Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because the information is accessible to you, as it is already in the public domain.
However, under our duty to provide advice and assistance I would refer you to the following information:
1 and 4. Pages 64 to 67 and 90 of our Annual Report and Accounts 2015 - 2016 (PDF, 958kb, 116 pages) provide much of the context to TPR pensions (which come under Civil Service Pensions in the main).
As the Civil Service Pension scheme is an unfunded scheme neither a surplus nor deficit exists. Please find a link to the Civil Service Pensions website run by the Cabinet Office.
2. While we do not hold this information, you may wish to use the link above to review the Civil Service Pensions website.
3. Pages 70-71 of our Annual Report and Accounts 2015 - 2016 (PDF, 958kb, 116 pages) offer information on annual contributions made by TPR.