FOI reference - FOI 2017-11-14
Date - 14/11/2017
- Does your department currently use a private company to undertake any of the following services:
- public relations
- social media communications
- external stakeholder communications
- internal stakeholder communications
- If yes, can you please confirm:
- when the current contract was last let
- when the current contract expires
- whether the current contract has options to extend its length
- when you expect to retender the contract
- If no (to question 1 above), are you considering letting such a contract in the future and if so, do you have an approximate timetable for engaging the market?
- Have you used a private company to help you with any other marketing or public information campaigns in the past two years?
- If so, could you please provide a brief overview of what those campaigns were about and approximately how long your contract with the company was for to support the campaign(s)?
- Yes, we have conducted some external stakeholder communications via a private company but in conjunction with our sponsoring body the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The other areas (including external stakeholder communications) are managed by our own internal communications team.
- The contract is managed by the DWP who hold the expiration dates; we are not the main party to the contract.
- Not applicable.
- We ran campaigns in conjunction with the DWP (who manage the contract) in support of work-based pensions. The campaigns were to bring to focus the automatic enrolment work-based pensions and the fact that we were now reaching out to small employers.