FOI reference - FOI 2016-03-02
Date - 02/03/2016
- Did The Pensions Regulator pay for a NLA (Newspaper Licensing Agency) or CLA (Copyright Licensing Agency) media licence in 2013-2014?
- If so, how much did The Pensions Regulator pay for the licences in 2013-2014 (please provide the figures separately)?
- Did The Pensions Regulator pay for other media licences in 2013-2014? Please list any other media licenses the council subscribed to and how much was paid for them in 2013-2014.
Duty to confirm or deny whether TPR holds the information requested
I can confirm that The Pensions Regulator (TPR) holds the information you have requested.
Information we are able to supply
- We paid for NLA and CLA media licences in 2013-2014.
- In 2013-2014 the CLA media licence cost £4,730.40 including VAT, while the NLA media licence cost £5,629.22 including VAT.
- We also paid for the following media licences in 2013-2014:
- Gorkana newspaper cuttings monitoring at a cost of £15,405 including VAT.
- Media database at a cost of £5,520.
- Press Association newswire subscription at a cost of £5,560.92.
- Access to the Financial Times (FT) articles in Gorkana through the Regulator’s corporate subscription to FT.com at a cost of £6,574.80 including VAT.
Duty to provide advice and assistance
I am mindful of the duty to provide advice and assistance to requesters, as far as it is reasonably practicable to do so. You may find our contracts register helpful. This offers a list of live contracts we have awarded and is available on our website.