Employers are likely to ask you for help to choose and run a good quality pension scheme for automatic enrolment. And it’s not just about pensions – automatic enrolment will impact upon most areas of your clients' businesses.
- Know your clients' staging dates
- Understand your client's workforce
- Business software systems and processes
- Pension schemes
- Communicating the changes to workers
- Help your clients avoid penalties
- Complete your declaration of compliance (registration) with The Pensions Regulator
- Look up multiple staging dates for small business clients
Areas of defined contribution (DC) scheme management that you may need to help your clients with.
If you help clients to run hybrid schemes you need to manage defined benefit (DB) elements as if they were a DB scheme and manage defined contribution (DC) elements as if they were a DC scheme.
If you set up new pension schemes for your clients, make sure that they meet certain legal and quality criteria. You may need to register the scheme with us.
We provide good practice guidance to help trustees and others meet the two-year timeframe in relation to winding up occupational pension schemes.