Job ref: 1677
TPR grade: 13 - Administrator
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an administrator to support the Determinations Panel support team with the coordination of cases referred to Determinations Panel (the Panel), along with coordination of statutory governance activities for the Panel.
You will also provide support to wider corporate governance (CG) team activities through the provision of a comprehensive and effective administrative service in relation to a variety of governance activities and local continuous improvement work.
- Organise and administer all cases referred to the Panel and generate and coordinate all correspondence and notices (including meeting minutes) on behalf of the Panel from / to internal and external parties.
- Create and maintain accurate records and an audit trail of decisions and actions, and ensure all related information and processes is accurate and up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the full variety of corporate governance processes.
- Act as key contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate room bookings, meetings, expenses etc.
- Search for continuous ways to improve processes and procedures.
- Support the corporate governance team during any escalation of case work activities (eg Freedom of Information, Data Protection Act, complaints, parliamentary ombudsman cases).
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of co-ordinating, prioritising and delivering a high volume of work (secretariat and/or case management background is desirable).
- Skilled in obtaining information from, and communicating to, a variety of audiences including external parties and internal stakeholders up to Board level.
- Evidence of working with a number of software applications including (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe professional, document management systems and invoicing systems).
- Practical work experience within a regulated environment or equivalent practical experience of adhering to legislative / procedural requirements.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information general principles.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure and resilient.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £21,200, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.