Job ref: 1577
TPR grade: 13 - Administrator
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Are you passionate about helping people, have a talent for talking and an ability to multi-task? To join us you’ll also need to be confident, articulate, and able to learn a variety of systems to a high level of competence, whilst achieving our call handling targets
- Represent TPR as the first point of contact for our customers.
- Combine your experience with guided procedures to help customers with their queries. These can range from providing information on completing regulatory returns or dealing with a customer who may have been duped by a pension scam.
- Be able to explain complex technical information in an understandable way.
- We want you to go the ‘extra mile’ with our customers, to be polite, professional and enthusiastic.
- Integrate well within a small contact centre team, and be a positive influence with customers and colleagues.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of customer service call handling techniques gained through a complex technical contact centre.
- Experience of analysing information received during a customer enquiry to resolve or escalate appropriately.
- Knowledge of contact centre (or customer service) software, databases, and CRM tools.
- Experience of tailoring communication style to deal with a variety of customers and enquiries with skills in questioning, probing, and extracting information.
- Ability to communicate complex information verbally and in written format.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information principles.
- Pension industry or financial service experience in a contact centre environment.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £21,200, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.