Job ref: 1594
TPR grade: 13 - Administrator
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an experienced, executive level personal assistant (PA) to provide a consistently high standard of support to TPR’s senior leadership. You will be accustomed to managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining excellent quality of service.
You will need to be a confident and effective communicator, comfortable liaising with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Provide efficient, seamless and comprehensive PA support to one or more Executive Directors / Directors.
- Be visible and available to members of your Directorate and all TPR staff.
- Be responsible for managing Executive Directors' / Directors’ inboxes and complex diaries.
- Take notes and actions / decisions at meetings.
- Use TPR systems for a variety of tasks, eg booking travel, requesting accommodation.
- Provide cover for colleagues during absences as required.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven experience of providing PA support to senior management.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Outlook.
- Evidence of a high standard of communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work without supervision, using initiative to prioritise workload.
- Experienced planner / organiser of complex meetings / events.
- Experienced note / minute taker (varying levels) in meetings.
- Knowledge of information management and data protection, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Basic knowledge of public sector, government and the work of a regulator.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Can do approach.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £21,200, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.