TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone to:
- design and deliver analysis of complex data sets to inform regulatory strategy, activity and policy, making recommendations on prioritisation decisions and / or risk mitigations
- be accountable for high profile analytic projects; commissioning and managing projects with external suppliers and producing official statistics publications
- develop and maintaining risk and market segmentations, as well as conducting technical reviews of analysis / modelling produced by others
- Provide advice and analysis to partner organisations (such as the Department for Work and Pensions); enabling them to make meaningful legislative recommendations and produce accurate regulatory impact assessments.
- Understand relevant business needs for area of business expertise and proactively seek to address these.
- Proactively identify areas for analysis - disseminating results, recommendations and proposed mitigations to appropriate areas of the business.
- Report analytical recommendations and conclusions to the Executive and Risk Committees.
- Take responsibility for ensuring high standards of analytical rigour in all projects involved in (including some management of external suppliers).
Essential and desirable criteria
- Strong academic background in statistics / engineering / maths / economics or a similar empirical subject required.
- Knowledge of key aspects of pension regulation, such as the pension landscape, scheme funding, automatic enrolment, scheme governance or the pension market.
- Proficiency in statistical and analytical software, R, Base SAS etc.
- Knowledge of bivariate / multivariate statistical modelling, time series analysis, and forecasting reporting.
- Experience of formulating hypotheses and devising and delivering statistical experiments in order to test them in a commercial context.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £37,201, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Part time and job share basis applications will be considered.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.