The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Case Support Apprentice to provide administrative support to the Case Management directorate. You will complete the Business Administration Level 3 while gaining practical work experience working in a busy support Team.
Our apprenticeship programme provides you with an alternative route into TPR. You will have the opportunity to work towards a recognised professional qualification to further expand your skills and experience as you develop through your apprenticeship. You will develop transferable skills and receive on-the-job coaching, mentoring and support to help you reach your potential.
As Case Support Apprentice you will undertake a variety of tasks including:
- provide general administration support to the Case Management Team, eg printing, scanning, filing and post
- meeting administration eg booking internal and external meetings, creating agendas, minute taking, circulating agreed minutes, attending and chairing internal meetings
- provide support with indexing, document collation and organisation including saving correspondence onto internal document management system
- assist with archiving on all case and non-case work for case management
Essential and desirable criteria
- Effective communication skills both written and oral at all levels.
- Experience of producing written work.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of administration processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsft Office IT Software.
- Understanding of the general principles of the Data Protection / Freedom of Information Act.
- Excellent customer service and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Personable and a team player.
- Willingness to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Delivery / outcome focussed approach.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £16,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com and inform your line manager of your application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A drop-in session will take place at GBMET on Wednesday 23 October at 12 to 3pm for prospective candidates to obtain some more information about the role and TPR.