The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our apprenticeship programme provides you with an alternative route into TPR. You’ll have the opportunity to work towards a recognised professional qualification to further expand your skills and experience as you develop through your apprenticeship. You will be given time and support to complete the Compliance / Risk Officer Level 3 apprenticeship while gaining practical work experience working in a busy team. You’ll develop transferable skills and receive on-the-job coaching, mentoring and support to help you reach your potential.
We’re looking for a capable individual to join us as an Apprentice in Regulatory Transactions. The purpose of the role is to deliver effective management of a portfolio of regulatory interventions in line with TPR objectives and values. The Apprentice role sits within Regulatory Transactions as part of the Frontline Development directorate. We’re responsible for effectively delivering high volume regulation across a variety of basic compliance requirements and requests.
- Provide effective support in helping to manage a portfolio of regulatory interventions. These might include enforcing a breach of a basic compliance requirement, such as submitting a scheme return, or progressing an application for TPR to use a power, such as appointing a trustee to a scheme.
- Carry out processes in line with documented procedures.
- Identify risk to members’ benefits, or to TPR, in line with current policies, procedures and statutory guidelines and escalate promptly and appropriately.
- Effectively prioritise your workload.
- Undertake an administration/ super user role in our IT systems.
Appropriate level of training and support will be provided.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Customer-focused approach.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to acquire a basic level of general pensions knowledge, eg defined benefit / defined contribution schemes.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles.
- Competent with standard office IT software (Microsoft Office etc).
- Can do approach.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £16,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held weeks commencing the 12 and 19 August.