Job ref: 1575
TPR grade: 14 - Assistant
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an administrator to deal with non-complicated high volume incoming customer enquiries received via letter or email, and to also deal with internal switchboard telephone contact. The tasks of this role include:
- Logging and sending template replies to queries from customer correspondence in line with customer service targets.
- Update the relevant CRM and databases.
- Identifying and handing off nonstandard queries.
- Directing external calls to internal customers.
- Follow our documented procedures to log information quickly and correctly.
- Decide on which queries to escalate based on knowledge base guidance.
- Direct switchboard calls to the relevant internal customer.
- Basic experience of analysing information received.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, in-house databases and customer relation management tools.
- Experience of managing high volumes in line with service level agreements (SLAs).
- Experience of accurately updating databases.
- Experience of basic customer service call handling techniques.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £19,678, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.