Job ref: 1629
TPR grade: 14 - Assistant
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the integrity of the data being used by TPR to drive and support the operation of Automatic Enrolment (AE). You will work as part of a team which focuses on ensuring that the quality of AE data is maintained. It is essential that the AE case teams have accurate and timely employer data available for them to carry out enforcement action and that other areas of the business have complex data enquiries dealt with.
You will handle data and enquiries from high profile customers such as MPs, schools, vulnerable customers, local authorities and government organisations and identifies areas of improvement in matching and data enhancement processes which leads to greater efficiencies in the operation. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving data management processes within AE data services.
- Proactively support the AE data services team and AE case teams to ensure timely and accurate identification and investigation into employers that are subject to enforcement.
- Examine internal and external reference data including HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Companies House, Charities Commission, maintaining contribution reports and Insolvency records to ensure TPR holds accurate details for cases and communications purposes and reduces TPR expenditure and burden on non-employers.
- Act as the gateway to ensure enquiries to the Data Management team are resolved by them, correctly routed or escalated within TPR or to external stakeholders.
- Handle data and enquiries from high profile customers such as MPs, schools, vulnerable customers, local authorities and government organisations.
- Carry out data control checks in accordance with the Business Assurance Framework (including compliance with data retention requirements, HMRC Memorandum of Understanding and quality assurance) in order to provide quarterly assurance to AE Director and Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO).
- Identify and resolve AE data quality issues (including identifying duplicate or linked newborn employers to ensure TPR can communicate with them as soon as possible to ensure they are compliant and avoid expenditure on unnecessary reviews).
- Identify areas of improvement in matching and data enhancement processes which leads to greater efficiencies in the operation.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Working knowledge of data matching, data quality and data entry.
- Experience in a business support/administrative role with proven excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- An understanding of the value of data to an organisation.
- Working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of pensions and automatic enrolment.
- Customer-focused approach with the ability to communicate effectively with external customers and stakeholders and high-profile employers.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £19,678 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.