TPR Grade: 10 - Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to support the Finance team in the provision of monthly reporting and the management of budgets/forecasts for TPR. budgets.
- work with the Finance Business Partners to support budget holders and wider stakeholders throughout the organisation, including monthly forecasting and the annual budget process
- complete the month end process including prepayments, accruals and journals, and FTE. You will also complete balance sheet reconciliations, maintain the fixed asset register and support payroll checking
- support the project accounting function, meeting with project managers and maintaining the project accounting templates
- investigating and resolving queries from the team and the wider business
- assist with year-end activities.
- studying for a professional finance qualification
- experience of working in a finance team
- strong excel skills
- experience of working with stakeholders throughout the organisation at different levels
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to prioritise and use initiative
- problem solving and analytical skills
- communication skills at all levels
- attention to detail and accuracy
- personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £28,482, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.