TPR grade: 10 - Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone to support the data architecture function with data inventory investigation and cataloguing, support for the data quality lead and assist design for data governance flow capture processes across the data estate.
- Support in delivery of the enterprise data inventory investigation and cataloguing; including data flow diagrams, source to target mapping, lineage.
- Support with analytical activities for data governance, data quality processes and joint data team activities.
- Support proof of concept activities relating to product selection and procurement of data management tools and software, supported by Data Architecture Lead.
- Maintain and update any logical data models with business updates and gap fill where required.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Demonstrable experience of working with SQL Server (2005 to 2017).
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases and language including reading and interpreting SQL code, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Experience of working with structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to work with people across multiple work-streams technical and non-technical.
- Ability to work independently and proactively use initiative to solve problems quickly.
- Ability to interpret and summarise data analysis for internal stakeholders.
- Ability to create logical data models (crows foot diagrams etc).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint etc).
- Proven data profiling experience.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of process and data mapping (ideally with Visio).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £28,482, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance program
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.