Job ref: 1535
TPR grade: 10 - Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Paralegal to provide a high level focussed and efficient support to the Automatic Enrolment legal team. As well as automatic enrolment litigation before the First-tier Tribunal, criminal prosecutions and debt cases, there is non litigation work in relation to the new Master Trust Authorisation regime, as well as opportunities in procurement, commercial and information law.
- Manage your own litigation case load of cases before the First-tier Tribunal, including preparing responses, providing advice, organising evidence and appearing at tribunals as required.
- Provide support to TPR lawyers as requested.
- Conduct legal research, on request.
- Provide support to case teams through the efficient management of documents (using TPR’s document management software, or external software) including indexing, document collation, document organisation and limited amount of evidence analysis.
- Create and maintain an index of documents for disclosure and undertake disclosure exercises as required.
- Co-ordinate the team’s litigation function, sharing best practice and maintaining know how.
- Liaise with legal counsel and other external parties as required.
- Peer support and provide induction to support staff co-ordination of legal costs and invoicing.
- Attend Determinations Panel (DP) / tribunal / court hearings when required to provide administrative support.
- Formatting and production of legal documents.
- Arranging service of legal case documents on external parties.
- Filing documentation with the DP / tribunal / court to required deadlines.
- Providing support to the Professional Support Lawyer.
- General minute / note taking and meeting facilitation.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Knowledge of court / regulatory procedures.
- Client-focused approach.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles.
- Very strong IT skills, including experience of standard IT software applications (eg Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional) and document management systems.
- Relevant legal qualification essential (eg law degree, CPE, LPC, ILEX).
- Previous paralegal experience, in particular in a commercial civil litigation setting.
- Working knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience of document review.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £29,422, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.