TPR Grade: 10 - Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an experienced paralegal to provide support to the Determinations Panel (DP), Determinations Panel Support (DPS) team and wider corporate governance and compliance team.
- Draft and format legal notices and other legal documents on behalf of the DP and DPS team lawyers.
- Draft and coordinate correspondence on behalf of the DP and DPS team from / to internal and external parties.
- Produce minutes for the DP quarterly meetings and case meetings where required.
- Conduct legal research on request of the DPS team lawyers.
- Create and maintain accurate records and an audit trail of decisions and actions.
- Provide legal input and support for the wider Corporate Governance and Compliance team.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Relevant legal qualifications (eg law degree, CPE, LPC, ILEX) and knowledge of Court / Regulatory procedures.
- Previous paralegal experience ideally conducted within civil litigation or regulation setting with a proven ability to co-ordinate numerous case files and exhibits at one time.
- Practical experience of minuting lengthy and technically complex meetings and producing accurate and confidential records.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences including external parties, legal counsel and internal stakeholders up to Board level.
- Experience in creating and drafting and reviewing legal documents.
- Project management experience.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £28,482, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.