Job ref: 1700
TPR grade 10: Associate
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We're looking for a Test Analyst to test software before it is released to the organisation and to ensure it is free from defects.
- execute tests / packages and ensure test results are accurately recorded
- undertake and deliver a thorough testing process (including raising defects, closing tasks, providing test MI) to identify defects and ensure they are fixed so that they do not cause issues in production - as directed by the Senior Testing roles
- ensure that thorough testing has been undertaken at all stages of the testing phase (static testing, test execution) and that no foreseeable defects or regression defects make their way into the Production environment due to the test team not spotting them
- accountable for major issues which are discovered post go live which should have been identified during testing
- ensure that all test scripts are peer reviewed to ensure that the testing covers all scenarios
- flexible with regards to working hours in support of infrastructure upgrades required to be undertaken outside standard business hours
- provide oversight and support for UAT testing conducted by business users as directed
- support live incident resolution in coordination with the service desk and development teams
- develop and extend automated testing appropriate to reduce the scale of manual regression testing
experience of testing techniques, standards, methodologies and best practice gained in a software development or testing environment
API testing experience
knowledge and experience of the end to end software testing process (from writing tests to raising defects)
ability to contribute to test estimation where appropriate
understanding of the principles of automation testing and automation techniques gained through training and/or practical experience
ISTQB / ISEB qualified to Foundation Level or equivalent experience
- proactive and flexible
- problem solving and analytical skills
- communication skills at all levels
- attention to detail and accuracy
- personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £29,422, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.