Job ref: 1675
TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to support the design and delivery of our future automatic enrolment target operating model.
- Plan, manage and deliver business analysis to support detailed design and implementation planning of our future automatic enrolment target operating model; ensuring our process, people and technology change is effective, efficient and maximises the compliance of 1.4 million employers.
- Act as a cohesive bridge between the business need and internal / external solution providers (including: IT, HR, Communications); working with stakeholders and challenging as appropriate to ensure that any proposed solutions and implementation plans will meet agreed business requirements and provide expected outcomes.
- Create and use appropriate business analysis methodologies and tools to ensure that the people, process, technology and data needed to successfully deliver the target operating model for automatic enrolment are clearly articulated.
- Work effectively with a variety of business and technical stakeholders across TPR to ensure that business needs for future ways of working within AE are captured at the required level of detail and fully understood; with AE design and analytical products being clear, well informed and approved by key stakeholders.
- Deliver agreed business analysis outputs in line with project timescales, escalating any risks that emerge.
Essential and desirable criteria
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis qualification or equivalent.
- Proven experience of effectively planning, managing and delivering business analysis outputs using a wide range of business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies (including feasibility studies, options analysis, requirements gathering, process mapping and benefit analysis).
- Proven experience of producing robust analysis to inform decision making and mitigate business problems or risks.
- Experience of working on large, complex or transformational change projects and programmes where scope and deliverables are uncertain and subject to change at pace.
- Experience of working under both agile and waterfall delivery methods.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Can do approach.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £38,429, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.