Job ref: 1690
TPR grade: 5 - Business Lead
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone to represent TPR in external discussions and negotiations with pension schemes, employers and other stakeholders focussing primarily on situations of corporate stress, restructuring and merger and acquisition activity. You will be working with teams including specialist technical advisers to provide leadership in discussions on large complex and critical situations to mitigate the impact on members of associated pension schemes.
You will also provide expert technical input and advice to the Director and Heads of Supervision and to advise, coach and mentor staff.
- Represent TPR as required in external discussions and negotiations with pension schemes employers and other stakeholders, providing leadership for case teams in such discussions.
- Provide advice on particularly high profile and complex cases at the request of the Director and Heads of Supervision.
- Negotiate successful outcomes, including engaging at main board level with public limited company (Plc) employers.
- Share insight from previous professional and commercial experience to improve TPR’s scheme supervision, both generally and in specific situations.
- Support on other matters agreed or requested by the Chief Executive, Executive Director, Director and Heads of Supervision.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to develop supervisors to better deal with complex situations and negotiations.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Significant direct experience as a senior decision taker in complex pensions casework / credit risk / financial restructurings, leading face-to-face financial negotiations.
- Strong track record in successful financial negotiations at a senior level.
- Significant experience and understanding of complex financial structures and restructuring techniques.
- Broad understanding of corporate law to which UK corporates are subject.
- Pensions knowledge.
Calm under pressure.
Clear decision maker.
Problem solving and analytical skills.
Communication skills at all levels.
Strong teamwork skills.
Mentoring / coaching skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £71,818, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.