Job ref: 1656
TPR grade 10: Associate
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
As part of a team of content producers you will be responsible for the delivery of communications content that is written for targeted customer groups with differing levels of knowledge and engagement. Working with internal customers to develop a range of content for different audiences that is on-brand and uses the appropriate tone-of-voice in order to meet agreed objectives. This content will meet specific quality criteria and be developed using auditable approval processes.
- write communications content including corporate and regulatory publications, enforcement content, campaign and online content, video scripts and other communications products, ensuring a seamless suite of material
- in collaboration with the in-house working groups, engage early with internal Subject Matter Experts to advise on communications strategies and products to ensure content is developed that meets TPR objectives
- work with Campaigns Managers on the development of campaigns content to ensure it meets the campaign objectives
- plan content production and sign off in line with agreed processes to ensure the efficient delivery of quality outputs in line with the brand TOV, Operational Plan, agreed Communications Grid
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- the ability to keep track of developments TPR policy, legal requirements, brand, house style and tone of voice to ensure existing content is updated (working with document owners) in line with annual content audit; and new content is aligned and correct.
- have a portfolio of work demonstrating technical authorship / copywriting and sub editing abilities, with a particular focus on translating complex technical information into more accessible content.
- 5+ years’ proven successful experience of writing and editing effective offline/online content
- proven ability to manage potentially high volumes of work over a short period of time whilst ensuring high levels of professionalism and quality output at all times
- confidence to work both autonomously and as part of a multi-function team as required
- ability to acquire in depth knowledge of complex and detailed legislation swiftly
- an understanding of legal process and pensions law
- working knowledge of sitecore CMS
- can do approach
- ability to prioritise and use initiative
- negotiating skills
- calm under pressure
- problem solving and analytical skills
- communication skills at all levels
- attention to detail and accuracy
- personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £29,422, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.