Job ref: 1621
TPR grade 9: Lead Associate
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner to set the standards for TPR in line the UK Corporate Governance Code and Government’s best practice and provide expert advice; to identify the compliance risks that TPR faces, design and implement controls to resolve compliance difficulties as they occur; to provide accurate and current information about the efficiency and effectiveness of TPR policies and the status of its compliance within the statutory obligations that it operates.
- provide strategic corporate governance expertise and compliance advice to all levels of the organisation in allocated business units
- engage in proactive consultation with the business
- identify and advise on the risks that TPR faces in maintaining corporate governance standards and statutory obligations
- design and implement corporate governance controls to protect TPR from compliance risks
- provide assurance by monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of TPR’s corporate governance controls and the management of TPR’s exposure to compliance risks
- resolve corporate governance and compliance difficulties as they occur
- provide advice on corporate governance policy, procedures, process and controls
- take an active role in developing and coordinating training and awareness on compliance issues across TPR
- simultaneously work with and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business. Prioritise work to ensure effective delivery of corporate governance and compliance solutions
- advise stakeholders at all levels on implications and management of change, identifying and delivering those changes necessary to deliver our corporate governance standards and controls
- maintain a ‘positive reporting culture’; drive staff engagement through ensuring awareness campaigns, training and providing assistance, support and advice
- champion the organisation’s corporate governance, security approach and practices
- contribute to the continuous evaluation and improvement of operational processes
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- background in governance and compliance approaches and processes
- experience of complaints management, issue resolution approaches and techniques
- experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques
- solid understanding of FoI Act; Data Protection Act
- ability to understand the legal obligations from statute (including Pensions Acts, code of practice)
- experience of working with BSI ISO standards
- standard Office IT software applications
- experience of risk control and process assurance.
- understanding of the uses of information within TPR / regulatory bodies
- proactive and flexible
- ability to prioritise and use initiative
- negotiating skills
- problem solving and analytical skills
- communication skills at all levels
- leadership skills
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.