Job ref: 1614
TPR grade: 10 - Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone who can help support the establishment and maintenance of data governance across the data estate and provide assurance that TPR data is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Support the development and maintenance of data governance across TPR.
- Support the Data Governance Lead in the management of strategic and business risks; Data Governance, Records and Information Management.
- Develop and maintain data governance policies, principles and standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring data is managed in accordance with policies, principles and standards.
- Be the ‘front door’ for all matters relating to the application of data governance polices, principles and standards.
- Support the Data Governance Lead in the provision of assurance to the DPO and the business that TPR’s data estate is compliant with GDPR.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven experience of working in a busy administrative role.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with people across multiple workstreams.
- Ability to work independently and proactively use initiative to solve problems quickly.
- Some knowledge or understanding of how data is used in a business context.
- Some knowledge or understanding of governance in a business context.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Assimilation of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £29,422, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.