TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to lead the in-house development and delivery of web projects.
You will be responsible for the delivery of customer-facing digital products and services including large-scale website builds, replacement of legacy platforms and continuous improvement of the existing web estate, to meet user needs.
Includes identification of the product changes that TPR need to make to improve online services, which may include managing site performance and developing a range of new functionality including content management tools, interactive online tools and transactional services.
Skilled in Agile delivery, you will have the ability to work with teams across the organisation to identify, develop and deliver digital projects. This will include:
- building and maintaining motivated teams, that estimate development effort accurately, prioritise a backlog and deliver continuous improvement via a cycle of development sprints, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- proactively managing dependencies, overcoming obstacles and getting the best value against constraints
- managing risks, budgets and people including suppliers
- applying the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for the environment
- Deliver digital projects to highest standards of usability, accessibility and design to ensure user satisfaction increases over time.
- Matrix manage cross organisational digital roles including leading delivery teams to estimate development effort accurately, prioritise a backlog and deliver continuous improvement via a cycle of development sprints.
- Manage third-party contracts and suppliers, including leading the relationship with our delivery partners to ensure a good user experience and efficient production processes across the TPR web estate.
- Provide technical consultancy on web technologies, architecture design and development approaches and techniques.
- Work with internal stakeholders to secure and prioritise resources.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of digital project delivery, ideally within a business to business (B2B) environment leading teams through four key design stages:
- Discovery: user research / business goals / problem definition
- Alpha: prototyping / technology evaluation / usability testing / visual design / supplier evaluation
- Beta: development / agile production / testing / supplier management
- Live: managing approvals/retiring legacy technology / stakeholder comms / hosting / metrics / stability of platform/management of licences / continuous improvement
- Agile trained, with expert knowledge in agile methodologies and the ability to articulate and agree user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Expert understanding of web standards such as conformance to Level 2 of WAI (W3C) on accessibility and web technologies, in particular those related to content management, data collection and website evaluation.
- Experience of working closely with designers, user researchers, business analysts, performance analysts, developers, content / editorial, marketing and technical teams in order to have a broad enough understanding of each discipline to assure project plans and delivery are feasible.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills needed to play a key role in the design of technical solutions to complex problems, for instance working with technical architects to design data exchange processes between back office and customer facing digital platforms.
- Experience of procuring digital specialist and services via government frameworks and supplier management, including managing contract exit and retirement of legacy services.
- Ability to work with approvals mechanisms in the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Government Digital Service (GDS) to ensure digital products meet the Government Service Standard, including leading independent assessments of the service.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £46,114, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.