The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an HR Apprentice to provide an effective administrative support to the HR directorate and to help the HR team provide excellent service to the organisation. The HR Apprentice will complete the HR Support Level 3 while gaining practical work experience in a busy HR team.
Our apprenticeship programme provides you with an alternative route into TPR. You will have the opportunity to work towards a recognised professional qualification to further expand your skills and experience as you develop through your apprenticeship. You will develop transferable skills and receive on-the-job coaching, mentoring and support to help you reach your potential.
As HR Apprentice, you will undertake a variety of tasks including:
- provide administrative support to the Operations and Organisational Design and Development Team
- be a point of contact for incoming queries into the HR team
- ensure all HR hard copy and electronic personnel data is kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information
- support the HR Assistant with activities including: recruitment coordination, arranging interviews, liaising with candidates; administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment; ensure the HR database is up to date and accurate; set up HR meetings, ensuring appropriate and accurate paperwork is provided; manage the central inboxes; personal development plan implementation
- provide cover for the HR Assistant as required
Essential and desirable criteria
- Effective written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Experience of producing written work.
- Knowledge and understanding of Office IT software.
- Understanding of the general principles of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
- Experience of working in an HR environment.
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
- Discretion when handling sensitive, confidential and restricted information.
Salary and benefits
We have an excellent office location in the popular North Laine area of Central Brighton; less than five minutes away from the train station, served by many bus routes and only a 15-minute walk to the beach.
As well as a salary of £15,000, we offer:
- a diverse, modern and friendly working environment
- generous 25 days paid leave plus bank holidays
- flexibility in your working hours
- development opportunities
- staff discounts including O2 mobile phone contracts and discounts in local shops, bars, restaurants and gym
- Cycle to Work scheme and season train ticket loans
- free independent legal advice and counselling
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential. The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Apply for this vacancy on the Greater Brighton Metropolitan College website.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.