Job ref - 1623
TPR grade: 11 - Officer
The Pension Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Internal Communication Officer to support the delivery of TPR’s internal communication strategy, helping our 700-plus people understand their role in our vision to protect work pensions. You will play a key role in facilitating high levels of employee engagement and supporting our people through organisational and cultural change.
- Work proactively in partnership with your allocated business areas and projects to deliver expert advice and create and deliver bespoke strategic comms plans.
- Deliver end-to-end campaign / project management - keeping your internal customers up to date and engaged from the commissioning and briefing stage to managing sign off processes and evaluation, across your portfolio of allocated work.
- Create content for a variety of channels, ensuring all internal communications are consistent with TPR’s overarching narrative, tone, messaging, style and visual identity.
- Support the team in planning and delivering internal events including the annual all-staff conference and monthly leadership briefings.
- Take an active role in maintaining the overall Internal Communications team plans, schedules and channel management.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of working in an internal communication role in a complex organisation, supporting projects and organisational initiatives.
- Proven experience of writing / editing copy - translating complex information into engaging, channel appropriate and audience-focused content.
- A good understanding of internal communication and change theory best practice and techniques.
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities.
- Proactive and flexible, with a can-do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative under pressure.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £10,487 (£26,218 full-time equivalent), we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.