Job ref: 1684
TPR grade 5: Business Lead
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking to bolster our senior IT leadership team with someone who will manage the development, configuration and maintenance of our software systems in line with TPR business priorities, with a focus on creating and maintaining online portals to support our stakeholders. We want someone who will be an ambassador for IT within TPR, working with our IT Director across the business, to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between our directorates to deliver transformational solutions.
- provide BAU support for software applications, web portals and databases
- provide guidance and advice and be the key point of contact for IT development issues between the Business and IT
- deliver solutions as defined by the change portfolio
- develop, mentor, coach, guide and improve the capabilities of the IT Development Team, whilst balancing resources with supply and demand in the portfolio
- continuously improve development methodologies, processes and standards
- ability to solve technology problems, whether defects in existing systems or solutions for new systems through effective management of the IT Development Team
- excellent knowledge of SDLC development methodologies and IT processes (Agile, Waterfall, Testing ITIL) together with technical design skills
- strong understanding of coding standards and principles including Object Oriented Design (SOLID)
- strong experience using Microsoft development technologies, including .Net, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Sitecore, SQL Server, Azure - Power App, App Logic
- good understanding of DevOps principles and ways to optimise quality and deliver software systems in close alignment with business objectives
- proactive and flexible
- ability to prioritise and use initiative
- strong stakeholder and relationship management with excellent negotiating skills
- communication skills at all levels
- personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £62,451, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.