Job ref: 1570
TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a strong people manager to manage a customer support team and the daily operations of the contact centre. To deliver an effective frontline customer support to TPR’s external audience across a complex and broad range of subjects. You will:
- lead, develop and motivate your team to ensure calls and correspondence are answered within agreed time scales and in an appropriate manner.
- support the Head of Department and liaise across the business to keep Customer Support in line with TPR’s strategic direction and regulatory priorities
- manage the effective first line risk assessment along with the identification and escalation of medium and high risks
- create a learning culture in the team and promote the benefits of ongoing learning
- develop and lead ‘voice of the customer’ initiatives with the aim of improving service
- Resource, motivate, develop and inspire a team of customer service and senior customer service advisers to achieve internal service level agreements (SLAs).
- Actively ensure the processes, objectives and strategy within Customer Support facilitate growth, increase productivity and deliver customer and employee satisfaction.
- Coach, support and develop your team members to enable them to deal with complex customer queries.
- Engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver consistent messages in relation to customer enquiry handling.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven experience of leading, developing and motivating contact centre teams in a reactive environment.
- Knowledge of customer service call handling techniques gained through extensive contact centre experience in a leadership role.
- You’ll be passionate about, and experienced in improving customer and employee satisfaction.
- In-depth and current knowledge of contact centre (or customer service) technology trends, applications, software, databases and CRM tools.
- Ability to tailor communication to differing personalities and communication styles.
- Proven ability to influence individuals, teams and stakeholders in order to drive performance.
- Experience of forecasting, planning and resourcing a team in line with contact volumes.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.